Category Archives: Flex Builder

Resetting FlexBuilder/Eclipse SVN Credentials

I had this issue in FDT recently whereby i need to change my svn credentials. With a few helpful emails it got sorted (and to be honest i forget now what i did). Anyway today i had the same issue in FlexBuilder 3…

My details had been reset by someone else so any attempt to add or view a repository or project within that location would just 401 with no way of changing the login information.

I’m using Subversion at the moment, so in case anyone else gets stuck all you need to do is find the Subversion/auth folder.

Mine was located at:
C:\Users\Me\AppData\Roaming\Subversion\auth

Inside the folder there were 4 sub folders:
svn.simple
svn.ssl.client-passphrase (empty)
svn.ssl.server
svn.username (empty)

In both the svn.simple and svn.ssl.server folders were a bunch of files with names like ‘9d3b5d6803a42c8088172c7650cc85b2’ (the same number of files as i have saved repository locations!).

Examining svn.simple revealed an unencrypted file containing credentials for each repo while svn.ssl.server had the encrypted/hashed version.

I looked at each file until i found the repo address with which i had authentication issues (these details are plain text in both types of files) and then deleted them both (2x per svn location – simple and ssl).

Upon adding the ‘fresh’ repo location via SVN Repository Exploring FlexBuilder prompted for the new credentials. Cool, job done, lets code!

Advertisements

SwfObject 2.2 Issue When Embedding Multiple SWF’s On A Page

Yesterday and today i had a properly strange issue with SwfObject 2.2.

I wanted to embed 7 swf files in the same html page that would communicate via ExternalInterface using Javascript as a kind of MVC based controller.

I wrote some simple JS code to look for pre-defined div ids and embed each modular swf for my app in place.

Example html and JS is here:

In a nutshell it worked but took ages to finish the embed. So i banged my head against a wall trying all manner of ways to make the embed load quicker, i also tested all the swfobject methods i could but no difference until i realised that a release-build swf from Flex Builder 3 works as expected but a debug-build doesn’t.

You can see from these identical examples how noticeable the difference is:

How strange is that!

If you’re wondering why i use swfobject.createSwf() instead of swfobject.embedSwf() its because createSwf() gives me a decent reference to my flash object and in turn doesn’t require any addition code to work with ExternalInterface in Internet Explorer.

If i use embedSwf() i have to add a Conditional Script Like This to act as a proxy:

You can see the above as a full example here Bobby Vandersluis SwfObject Example

Bobby has some useful demos of the SwfObject features here SwfObject Test Suite

I hope this helps you out, cause it drove me crazy for a good few hours 😉