Yesterday and today i had a properly strange issue with SwfObject 2.2.
I wrote some simple JS code to look for pre-defined div ids and embed each modular swf for my app in place.
Example html and JS is here:
In a nutshell it worked but took ages to finish the embed. So i banged my head against a wall trying all manner of ways to make the embed load quicker, i also tested all the swfobject methods i could but no difference until i realised that a release-build swf from Flex Builder 3 works as expected but a debug-build doesn’t.
You can see from these identical examples how noticeable the difference is:
How strange is that!
If you’re wondering why i use swfobject.createSwf() instead of swfobject.embedSwf() its because createSwf() gives me a decent reference to my flash object and in turn doesn’t require any addition code to work with ExternalInterface in Internet Explorer.
If i use embedSwf() i have to add a Conditional Script Like This to act as a proxy:
You can see the above as a full example here Bobby Vandersluis SwfObject Example
Bobby has some useful demos of the SwfObject features here SwfObject Test Suite
I hope this helps you out, cause it drove me crazy for a good few hours 😉