Here’s something i created in Flash CS3 which was supposed to be the beginnings of a new AS3 website. During development i encountered some problems preloading external classes exported after frame 1. Unable to find a solution to fix my application i hacked out the example shown below. It works great but i would like to get some feedback from the community to see what you think. If it’s a bad way of doing things please tell me.
Download the original files here to see what i did. [UPDATED SOURCE 240908] Added comments to com.strangeloopstudios.main.Site (which is the document class) to further expain the hack.
Here is an update for Ian to illustrate how i added a button to the application. [NOT UPDATED]